John ‘Lofty” Wiseman’s SAS Survival Handbook is a reknowned classic amongst the emergency preparedness / wilderness survival circles. It has sold over 1 million copies worldwide. In face, I keep a copy of this book in my bug out bag.
However, not many of us would be found trapped in the wilderness, behind enemy lines. A more useful book “for the rest of us” is the SAS Urban Survival Handbook.
In the book, John Wiseman shows you strategies and techniques for:
– combating the problems and stresses of urban life for you and your family; making and keeping your home safe
– avoiding accidents and injury from tools, chemicals, and poisonous plants; insuring home security;
– dealing with travel dangers;
– combating threats from letter bombs, hijack, and kidnap;
– coping with natural disasters.
The book also includes self–defense techniques to counter attacks of all kinds, first–aid procedures, skills for saving a life, and much more.