I have to admit, I’m not big on exercise. However, I acknowledge that in an emergency situation, being fit would be a tremendous advantage. One of the few exercises that I can do well is the push-up. I can do 40-50 in one go, but no more than that. If you want to challenge yourself, then do the 100 push ups training program.
All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline and about 30 minutes a week to achieve this goal. The 100 Push Ups website has a lot of resources to get you started. The entire program takes about 6 weeks.
Push ups are not only great for your chest, but do a tremendous job of defining your abs, triceps, shoulders and torso. Plus, you don’t need any expensive equipment, just your body. Here are the Top Ten Reasons Push-ups Are the Most Dynamic Exercise Ever. They:
* work most major muscle groups.
* are free! No start up costs.
* can be done anywhere–total portability.
* have lowest risk of injury.
* solve time management issues
* are key to weight management
* maintain a healthy heart and body
* are not just an exercise, but a fitness lifestyle
* are a simple and basic exercise with dramatic results
* are addictive and fun